Saturday, August 25, 2007

CFF - Child Free Friends!!! Making Guilt Worse!!!

"Oh I can't wait to see you all...... I miss the kids so much...... you can relax a little, I will help with the kids, it will be fun....."

All the things my girlfriends said to me BEFORE we made an 8 hour family trek to catch up with them.....

To be honest, I was really looking forward to the time..... hubby isn't known as the best child care assistant when we are out and about in a group of people, so having girlfriends who know this and make a little effort to ease your load is so overwhelmingly welcome!!!!

The fascination lasted a whole couple of hours and then I just felt like my kids were an invasion of their relaxation time!!!

Not sure if it's my own self induced Mother Guilt coming to haunt me, but I really feel inadequate when I am around childless friends.... You can see them judging you, your children and every wrong move that is made.......!!!!!

Kids are kids in my opinion.... mine aren't perfect, and I am not the perfect mother, but I really don't expect my girlfriends, ESPECIALLY ones without children to point such details out to me!!!!

0 comments: