Thursday, August 30, 2007

I own a sewing machine... AND........

I have a bit of a confession........ I own a sewing machine AND a serger/overlocker,,,, and guess what!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!

I can basically only sew a straight line and as for the overlocker... OMG!! I haven't even taken it out of the box yet :O

SO, why do I have them??? Well I guess its a little bit of a quest to be a good mother and make things, a lot to do with the desire to be creative and make some really lovely things, and a little bit entrepreneurial, making some things to sell......

There really are a few things standing in my way though....
** TIME would have to be the biggest one, I mean between my mother/wife/housework activities, not to mention cyber addiction where the heck will I find the time to sew??!!!!

** Lack of knowledge.... Like so many things I have floating around in this overactive brain of mine, I have so many things I would like to do, but absolutely no knowledge in how to do them!!! Although I must say, I plan to self teach myself alot, its a real shame that most of the sewing classes I can find (and there aren't many around here) are during the day... I can't go to those because I have nobody to watch the kids... hhhhmmmmm

** Enthusiastic Children :)... Yep you guessed it, if I ever do find the time you can be sure the kids would like to help me.... and when they are asleep at night, I am way too tired to be dragging out a sewing machine!!!

But regardless of ALL of this.... I DO intend to become a sewing extraordinaire and make beautiful things, clothing and crafty... I found a course running at a local college next year, so I am going to call tomorrow and see if it runs evenings. It's actually in fashion design so I may become a sewing expert yet ;)

3 comments:

Kimberly McKay said...

I understand this completely!! My mom gave me hers when she upgraded to the fancy kind that has a computer. And have I sewed? No, not since 7th grade, when I made her a duffle bag in home-ec. I'm a disgrace to our kind.

Homemom3 said...

my kids lost my foot pedal so it is useless to me.

cloud services said...

Thanks for the Great Post. Groupe Conseil Solinteg can support -
office 365
cloud services
sharepoint online
exchange online
lync online
cloud services montreal
microsoft crm montreal
windows intune
and many more services and product from Microsoft Corporation. Thanks.